What You Need to Know About Water Pollution
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Water Pollution and other Water Filter topics.
What are some of the most important things for me to know about water pollution?
It's a fact that water pollution impacts the daily lives of every human being. Each person has the power to make the problem of water pollution worse, and each individual has the ability to improve the problem. It's important for responsible citizens to learn the facts about water pollution, so they can choose to become part of the solution rather than inadvertently contributing to the problem.
Important Information About Water Pollution:
- Chemicals that are illegal in the U.S., such as DDT, are legally dumped into the oceans in other parts of the world.
- Enormous quantities of oil, chemicals, and other contaminants are dumped into the earth's water supply every year.
- Wastewater that has not been properly treated is likely to carry a variety of disease causing bacteria, viruses, and parasites.
- The fertilizers and insecticides that people use to improve the appearance of their lawns and gardens contribute to water pollution.
- It isn't safe to assume that tap water is safe for consumption directly from the faucets in your home.
- Even though tap water has been treated, it still contains potentially harmful synthetic and organic contaminants.
- The best way to make sure your family isn't consuming contaminated water is to utilize a drinking water filtration system in your home.
- The Clean Water Act regulates the dumping of chemicals into the oceans, but does not legislate water quality.